The Sentinel Gaming System is the culmination of over 15 years of experience working with parents to set effective limits on gaming and also draws upon our award winning technology. The web based controls can be operated from any device anywhere with internet access. Here are just a few of the advanced features of this one-of-a-kind system:
- Up to 8 users with configurable limits for when and how long users are allowed to use the system for each day of the week for each of three modes:
Gaming Mode- full video and system performance for gaming and media entertainment
Study Mode - reduced video performance to restrict gaming and limit video watching
No Video Mode - listen to music, complete system maintenance.
- Web based controls to set usage limits/restrictions. Limited need for configuration settings on the computer itself.
- Real time setting changes (add or remove time, remote shutdown of current login) allows for the realities of the real world.
- Holiday and one time settings simplify one time changes and reduce the risk that changed settings will not be restored.
- Manual Daily Enable feature restricts gaming use until the System Owner enables it for that day (i.e. after homework is done).
- GamePlay+ feature allows the user to complete game play by extending play time at the end of allowed time without requiring parental intervention.
- Taper down schedule can be set to lower allowed daily use gradually and automatically.
- Real-time screen shot feature allows the remote viewing of the user's screen.
- Usage monitored with logs available on-line.
- System Recovery feature provides a recovery drive accessible only to the account owner to repair/recover the Windows Operating System or restore the system to factory settings.
- Tamper and hack resistant: If hardware tampered, unit will no longer operate without remote restore.
- Gaming console support - can be used with Xbox One and Playstation 4 video gaming consoles to extend the Sentinel's limit setting capabilities to these consoles.
- Treatment protocol for problematic video/computer gaming. Click here for more information
- Concierge support option to help parents setup and maintain effective limits.
These gaming desktop computers feature top performing Intel multi-core processors with discrete video graphics cards optimized for the latest video games. These systems support up to 3 displays, full 4k UHD resolution and are VR ready. All systems come standard with the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System. Three operating modes - Gaming, Study and No-video optimize use of the computer without compromise.
HARDWARE ENFORCED LIMITS
Unlike other personal computers, a user can have full System Administrator privileges while parents set limits on when and how long the system can be used. The System Owner (i.e. parents) can REMOTELY restrict or enable use and monitor screen activity while the computer is in use.
Operation of the system is monitored and limited by dedicated and secure Sentinel hardware which cannot be disabled without locking down the system until reset by authorized personnel. Email alerts notify the System Owner of tampering attempts.
With the Sentinel's advanced hardware features is the patent pending GamePlay+ feature. This extends game play time upon the user's request automatically without requiring parental intervention and without the disruption of the game in progress.
Happy gamers = happy parents.
Study Mode allows users to operate the system with all features at full performance EXCEPT the video refresh rate is slowed to dramatically limit the ability to play video games or watch YouTube or Netflix. This makes the system ideal for use with on-line education. In Study Mode the computer can be used to read, write, browse the web for research and even view many video based lectures without the temptation of gaming or watching other video content. With the Sentinel Gaming System, this is the only system you need for work and play!